What’s up TBF? Today, Dan and I would like to take the time and honor one of our members with the title of “Athlete of the Month.” This is not something we just assign lightly; the client we choose exudes these attributes and more. In fact, it has been two months since our last athlete of the month, so it is truly a special accomplishment for this athlete.
This is the usual time of year that most people have fallen off the wagon in fitness and those resolutions have gone by the wayside.
I might be a little biased, but I think Dan and I have the greatest clients in town. That’s why this award can be difficult to assign.
It is time once again to honor a client that exudes the characteristics of a dedicated athlete at TBF:
- Attendance–keeping a workout routine despite full-time jobs, family, and travel can be tough but clients that are true warriors at TBF MAKE time no matter these circumstances. Vacations, sick days, and other monkey wrenches do NOT stop them from showing up for sessions and on time.
- Attitude–this is such a pivotal quality that separates a TBF athlete from the rest. Clients that come in and no matter what the workout is don’t COMPLAIN or gripe are truly motivating. They accept the challenge and look at it as another way to better themselves. These people not only have a winning attitude at the gym, they act this way 24/7!! They don’t throw in the towel and whine if it’s an exercise they aren’t proficient at. Even if they fail, they keep trying and with a SMILE on their face.
- Encouragement–athletes of the month don’t just show up, do the workout, and head home. They invest in others just as much as themselves, with encouragement to others who are struggling.
- Team Player–TBF athletes that are team players aren’t worried about beating someone else’s time or weights. They strive to better themselves, each and every time they hit a workout. When team workouts are announced, they motivate their partner and work just as hard to get through an exercise or assignment.
- Drive and Passion–To push yourself to your limits everyday in the gym can be intimidating and intense. There are days where anything and everything goes wrong, and the last thing you want to do is workout and eat right. TBF athletes that display this know that emotions and bad days are a fleeting experience. They don’t take their eyes off the prize, and their success in and out of the gym shows it.
- Consistency–This athlete shows consistency in gaining strength, coordination, balance, agility, and a whole host of other skills as a sign of progression with practicing techniques and learning how their body works. This person also is a guarantee when it comes to measurements or weigh in’s–success every time. Dan and I will never have to question what they eat–they won’t flip-flop or eat right one week and then fall off the wagon the next.
- Honesty–This seems like it should be a given for every client but unfortunately that is not the case. Honesty means re-doing reps during your workout even if it costs you time or points. It also means being honest with a food log and owning up to mistakes instead of blaming other outside factors. These people OWN their success and LEARN from mistakes. They are true athletes because honesty helps Dan and I to help each client get better and work towards their fitness goals.
- Results–What comes with sweat, hard work, and determination? Hard core results. GUARANTEED. WITHOUT FAIL. I know of NO ONE who gave 100% dedication and didn’t achieve their goals. People who say otherwise are people who never truly gave 100%. TBF athletes have insane results, and no it didn’t come from some crazy fad diet or working out 5 hours a day, everyday. They follow a simple plan, with consistency and dedication. They understand their fitness goals take time, and they are willing to put in the time to see those results come to fruition.
April Athlete of the month is……….
Jen has been with us almost since the beginning of TBF. Throughout her journey at TBF, she has gone through amazing changes. She is known for her incredible strength at the gym–in fact, she lifts as much if not more than the men sometimes! After having her awesome son Henry in August of 2012, Jen has made a mission of getting in incredible shape.
One of the most amazing things about Jen is how she is able to prioritize her time. If you think you can have the excuse of “I have a child, and I work so I have no time to workout,” THINK AGAIN. This chick proves the status quo NULL and VOID. Jennifer is the resident meteorologist at Panhandle Groundwater Conservation District. She puts in a minimum 40 hour work week as well as overtime; anyone else would simply say it is impossible to workout with those kind of responsibilities.
Jen makes her workouts a priority each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Impressed yet? What just a minute—this woman does TWO A DAY sessions as well. Inspired yet? You should be, because I know that I AM.
If you think that wasn’t amazing enough, she also preps her meals for the week, drinks her required water intake each day, AND logs her food in to keep her accountable and stay on track to her goals. Oh yeah and she is an awesome mother, wife, active church member and overall BALLER.
Need some more awesome stats? Thought you would
Jen’s first DL max was 320lbs. TOTALLY INSANE.
She continues to PR in her workouts while dropping weight and body-fat.
To date Jen has lost over 16 inches and over 23lbs.
Jen’s progress is more than just numbers though–she sees food differently and is more aware of what she fuels her body with.
One of the coolest aspects of her success is that she has a balance approach to her nutrition. In a world where fad diets and starvation diets exist, Jen shows everyone that you can still enjoy food AND be successful in your fitness goals. THIS is why she is successful and will continue to have success in all that she aspires to do.
When I’m lifting at the gym, I’m inspired by Jen’s ability and work ethic. She makes me want to push harder and get better every session. It speaks volumes when Coach wants to be just like Jen when she grows up! Jen not only motivates me, she drives the other ladies at the gym to work harder every day.
Jen, we are honored, proud, but most of all blessed to see your progress and have you as a member at TBF.
Thank you for always giving 100%! Here is to the rest of 2013–